Welcome; In true ATA Style classes returned in September with a bang and a host of superb achievements and performances from our talented pupils. We extend the warmest welcome to all new ATA pupils, they have settled in so well this term and are bringing so much creativity, energy and focus to their classes every week. It is always challenging to start a new hobby, and we congratulate them all on settling in so well. As always, thank you to our wonderfully kind and supportive pupils for making all new pupils feel so welcome.
ATA Performance opportunities We are excited that our senior pupils performed on Sunday 15h October at The Hawth and our Year 5 to Year 8 pupils will perform at The Hazlitt in Maidstone on Sunday 11th February. We also have performances planned at Bromley Lights on Sunday 19th November, Chislehurst Lights on Sunday 26th November, The Stag Theatre on Sunday 4th Feb, Sadlers Wells on Sunday 14th April, Southend on Sunday 30th June and we are putting plans in place to produce a play which we are hoping to stage at Rose Bruford on Sunday 23rd and Monday 24th June. We are also looking into the possibility of talking a troupe to Disneyland Paris as well as The Glee Club Challenge.
IDTA Exam; TOTALLY FANTASTIC NEWS! Well done to all of those who took their IDTA exams before the summer break. We are excited to announce that all of our pupils have passed successfully, not only that, ALL MUSICAL THEATRE PUPILS have scored the highest possible mark of Honours. All Freestyle Dance pupils scored over 89% with Highley Commended and Honours, which is truly outstanding and testament to our staff team and pupils hard work (not forgetting the support of our parents). Certificates, rosettes and medals are being given out in all classes over the next week.
LAMDA Exams; We are delighted that our LAMDA drama exam sessions are now booked for next term. Rehearsals and private tutorials will begin after half term.
ATA Casting agency; There have been some totally outstanding achievements through our casting agency already this term.
- Kayleigh will be performing in Gravesend Pantomime ‘Snow White’ at The Woodville Halls.
- Holly and Mae will perform in Peter Pan at The Stag.
- Chloe, Grace, Evie, Ryan, Emma, Isla, Tiffany and Emilia will all perform at The Fairfield Halls in Croydon representing All the Arts, as we were selected after a successful audition to provide the whole juvenile team this year!
- Lorcan has been busy filming a TV commercial and is now shooting a prime-time TV series.
- Arthur, Chloe, and Grace are performing in School of Rock at The Churchill Theatre.
- Lana, Iris, Ivy, Charlie, Holly, Poppy, Hope and Emma have won roles in The Sound of Music at Eynsford Castle.
- Simonas and Silvia made it through to the TV stage of The Kids Voice Lithuania.
- Willow has recently played the role of Shirley Temple in an exciting new pilot production for Regents Park Open Air.
- Saskia and Santana have been busy filming a TV commercial for Smart Insurance.
- Jasmine and Saniya have been cast in Beauty and The Beast in Tunbridge Wells.
- Billy Boreham has won a role in Quatermass at the Alexandra Place.
- Alisa has been pencilled for a major advertising campaign.
- Prishni reached the final stages for the role of Cosette in the West End production of Les Mis.
- Aurora won a role and recently completed her performances in Das Rheingold at The Royal Opera House.
- Janiah has been pencilled for a film role.
- Annabelle Jones has won a role in the Brand-New London production of The Witches at The National Theatre.
- Our Drama teacher Craig Peters has recently filmed a role in a Bollywood movie.
- Our Drama teacher Sammy Johnson has recently films a key role in a series for Apple TV.
Congratulations to all agency members who have been selected to make self-tapes, been pencilled for roles, and attended face to face auditions and recalls. We are very proud of you all.
We take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful half term
The ATA Team